Gary S. Farmer
Gary S. Farmer is President of Heritage Title Company of Austin, Inc., a commercially oriented title insurance agency operating throughout the major markets of Texas. He has been in the title insurance business since 1985. During Gary’s tenure, Heritage has been recognized for its excellence in the commercial title insurance arena as it has grown to be among the largest independently owned title agencies in Texas.
Gary is involved in a variety of civic and charitable endeavors. Currently, Gary serves as Chairman of the Greater Austin Economic Development Corporation, Opportunity Austin 4.0 Campaign and Co-Chair of the Waller Creek Conservancy Capital Campaign. Additionally, Gary serves as a Board Member of the following organizations: The University of Texas Chancellor’s Council, The University of Texas Development Board, the President’s Council of The Real Estate Council of Austin, the National Multi Housing Council and The Waller Creek Conservancy.
Gary founded the Greater Austin Economic Development Corporation in 2003 and served as its Chairman for nine (9) years. Gary is the Past Chair of Opportunity Austin (1.0, 2.0 and 3.0), Past Chair of Advantage Austin III, Co-Founder and Past Chair of The Real Estate Council of Austin, Past Chair of Capital Area Transportation Coalition, Past Chair of Take on Traffic Initiative, Past Chair of Caritas Community Advisory Board (two terms), and has served as a Board Member on numerous other civic and charitable boards. He has chaired six (6) Capital Campaigns which have raised approximately $75,000,000 for community endeavors. Additionally, Gary has served on three (3) Mayoral Task Forces dealing with the economy, the environment and healthcare.
Gary and his wife, Susan, are graduates of The University of Texas, the proud parents of three daughters and members of Tarrytown United Methodist Church.
Gary S. Farmer’s Awards and Accolades:
- 2018, “Vision Award” presented by Urban Land Institute Austin, recognizes an individual in the field of real estate development or related areas who has made an outstanding contribution in his or her lifetime within the Austin region.
- 2018, The “Bobby Jenkins Philanthropic Leadership Award” by Austin Gives, for his long-term commitment to philanthropy.
- 2016, The Harvey Penick Award for “Excellence in the Game of Life” by Caritas of Austin (jointly awarded to Gary & Susan Farmer)
- 2014, “River Hero Award” by Colorado River Alliance, for his support of Colorado River conservation
- 2013, The Exceptional Award for Honorary Alumnus by Leadership Austin
- 2012, “Pillar of the Community” by Zach Scott Theatre, recognizing his work to develop Austin into a special place.
- 2011, “The Kilcrease Award” by Austin Technology Incubator, for his work to support entrepreneurial activity in the technology sector.
- 2010, First Tee of Greater Austin-Nine Core Value Awards (Confidence)
- 2009, Distinguished Citizen Award by the Boy Scouts of America
- 2009, “Top 10 People Who Made a Difference in the Southern United States” by Southern Business and Development Magazine
- 2009, The State’s Road Hand Award by the Texas Department of Transportation
- 2007, “Flying Tiger Award” by CATC
- 2006, “Austinite of the Year” by the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
- 2006, RECA named its highest award as “The Gary S. Farmer Commendation of Excellence Award”
- 2005, W. Neal Kocurek Real Estate Lifetime Achievement Award by the Austin Business Journal
- 1998, Sam Walton Business Leader Award by the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
- 1994, “The Outstanding Young Title Person” by the Texas Land Title Association